Graphic Design Bootcamp: Part 2 Advanced Training Download
Project-based learning with Adobe Creative Cloud Applications for Advanced Graphic Designers
What you will learn
- Advanced understanding of how to work with BOTH print and web projects in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Have a general understanding of what it takes to start your own business as a freelance designer.
- Feel confident working with clients and managing projects.
- Learning about the top trends of design techniques and how to produce them.
- Learn how to track time and send an invoice for your work.
- Know how to be a better designer and create awesome graphics.
- Learn how to understand and find design trends.
- Know how to design the graphics for the website.
- Learn how to get started as a freelancer
- Learn how to create jobs that will be sold as a freelance graphic designer.
- You must be passionate about learning more about Graphic Design
- Mac or PC with access to Adobe Creative Cloud apps. In particular, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Lightroom
- This is a continuation of Graphic Design Bootcamp: Part 1, so it’s ideal if you have completed that course but it’s not required.
This course is for anyone who is interested to become a graphic designer, and mainly directed secondary students who have completed Derrick Graphic Design Bootcamp: Part 1 Course.
This course is based on the student’s hours of conversation and frequently updated because it is a compilation of some of the questions most frequently asked of students Derrick, as well as real-world knowledge of more than a decade working as a graphic designer and web developer. Derrick is currently working as the creative director and managing creative teams, where he was also able to attract real-life projects together and show you how to create client projects.
Do you have any questions or topic ideas that you think would add value to the course? Posting a message after you’ve registered – your idea might just end up being the next video lecture that was added to the course!
What Students Are Saying About The courses are:
“I work full-time as a self-employed graphic designer for one year now and I took this course to keep me updated, get information and new ideas. Thanks for a great course.” – Cecilia Sigurdsson
“Teachers are thorough, enthusiastic and relatable very helpful when preparing to come off. I would highly recommend this course w / part 1.” – Benjamin Bradbury
“Thanks to the quality of your course, I enjoyed every moment of learning Graphic Design. You have a great accent and smooth communication because I am from Morocco and I can easily understand. Thanks again, Best Teacher, highly recommended!” – Ichraq Fadel
What to Expect:
We will use a mixture of Lightroom, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator for learning projects; industry-standard applications for graphic design. You will also build vocabulary and knowledge of first Bootcamp; learn terms that are more relevant and practical designs to help you make pixel-perfect projects for print and web.
If you do not want to learn to design work, do not worry – this is a great course for you too! Many students of non-designer want to create fun projects on the side, or students who want to embellish their resumes and social media graphics, and teachers looking to add some creative elements for their homework materials – the list goes on and on.
There is also a private Facebook group with over 6,700 students and counting, which is an awesome resource for you to take advantage of the time you go through the course. This group is a very good place to send the project, get insight criticism, and network with other like-minded students and working professionals around the world.
All project files are included as a free download at the beginning of each section, and you are welcome to use the files however you wish, or just to follow the projects as you move through the lessons. There is also the bonus materials are provided to help you work with real clients, such as project proposals and contracts, that Derrick and Jennah (Derrick’s wife and manager of the project) have been used for web design and development landed graphics project.
If you see something on one of the courses that are no longer valid with the software update, please let us know! We will do our best to keep the course up to date and continue to add value to you.
Instructor Qualifications and Background:
Derrick has spent his entire career in the creative arts sector and marketing. Starting back as early as high school where she turned homework for paying gigs, her love for all things art and technology-driven continue to grow. Working with brands such as MTV, Nintendo, and Netflix while working as an intern for 2 Interactive Seven catapulted his career. brand and graphic design work has been included in an international publication for the design industry and regularly featured on the website trends.
Derrick is the owner of a small design agency, Mitchell Garage | Creative Media Chop Shop, located in the heart of downtown Kalispell, Montana. Garage Mitchell has succeeded in reaching and working with clients around the world, including Washington DC, New York, California, Calgary, Austria, Australia, Washington, Colorado, and of course, all over Montana. He is also Creative Director for a defense company based in Montana – a job that allows him to stretch the muscles of creativity and make some epic things every day.
Who this course is for:
- medium graphic designer, or students who have completed Derrick Graphic Design Bootcamp in Udemy
- Anyone who wants to learn how to take their creative ideas and put them into print or digital format.
- Designers who are interested in Freelancing or start their own business.
Created by Derrick Mitchell, Jennah M